Our school is having a big event this month where parents will be able to visit their child’s classroom and tour the school. My teammate and I showed concern over the safety of this and we were totally disregarded.
1. She disregarded my teammates’ concern over having parents without background checks run all over our campus.
• My teammate: I’m concerned at having 30-something parents in my room without background checks done on them after the shooting that just took place.
• My principal: Parents are allowed to be at school without background checks and other schools are doing similar events as ours.
2. She disregarded my concern over who will be watching the doors at this event we are having.
• There are locks on the doors and parents should go through the office.
This is why we have school shootings – teachers are often disregarded about safety concerns.